Monday, January 3, 2011

A 1300 kms adventure : 2. Stay in Malwan

Next day, we woke up at around 9 in the morning. We did breakfast, took swimming costumes & straightaway headed to Tarkarli beach. It was some 4 kms from my native. Actually we had beach just 5 minutes away from my place. But we planned to do snorkeling too so went to MTDC resort in Tarkarli. I must say the resort is one the best I have ever seen. It is right in front of sea, with tent shaped rooms and surrounded by lots of pine & coconut trees. The resort has a lot of free space & is not clumsy.



To our bad luck, MTDC had stopped snorkeling for that season. You got to be really lucky to get to do it. It depends a lot on under sea currents which if strong, distorts the view inside. This was my 2nd failed attempt which left me sulking. Then instead of heading back to my place, we decided to get in to waters there itself. We played in water for like 2 hours. We enjoyed holding-breath-for-long, who-will-hit-waters-first-race & mud throwing fights in waters.




On shore I took sand-therapy, similar to mud-therapy :) . Tested on architectural skills by building tunnel in sand. At 1, we felt so exhausted that we decided to leave waters. We were feeling hungry too & thankfully MTDC restaurant was near by. We had various Malwani delicacies there. Thing worth mentioning, Sayan found the prawn much fresh than what we had last night. 

We had planned to go to jetty after finishing lunch as people claimed we have a chance of doing snorkeling there. After filling out our stomachs & choking food pipe till throat, we decided to relax for some time on beach under shades. After some half an hour or so, when I got up to change so that we can head to jetty, Sayan & Rajiv ran in to waters again. I followed them later. Sea water is so addictive I tell you. We stayed there for another 2 hours till 4.


We got out of water & saw a Scorpio guy driving his machine in sand & then we too wanted our rides to taste the salty sands. We quickly changed & started riding towards Tarkarli, searching for a passage towards sea shore. We arrived at one place where short path existed but it was guarded by 2 opportunist aunties who were charging 10 rupees per bike to pass through. Her claim was, the place belonged to her. Having no option, we paid it.

Riding bike in sands is like walking a tight rope. A little imbalance & bang, you and your machine will bite dust (sand in this case). We were led by mighty tyres of Rajiv’s FZ. He was kind of creating a path for our punny tyred machines. While doing so, whenever I missed Rajiv’s trails, bike would start skidding. One has to stick to his line strictly. This continued till we reached shores where sand was wet. Wet sand is firm in nature & so riding there is easy than riding in dry sand.

We took numerous shots on beach, probably exploring all angles of our bikes, beach & everything around. After about an hour of photo shoot, we decided to head to jetty. We took sea route as we were scared of guarding aunties charging us 10 rupees (or may be more) to come out of that place. I think every biker should take his bike to beach as ride on beach, splashing water is an experience which can not be described in words.








Of course it has its own consequences. :P When Rajiv took a pic of mine splashing waters, it was my responsibility to do the same for him. So I just parked my bike on side sand, got up, turned back and ran to Rajiv. But, as soon as I started to run, Sayan shouted with his eyes popping out, “Your bike! :O”. “Damn”, I was so excited that I had forgotten, I had parked my bike on side stand where sand was very wet & soft. When I turned back, I was hardly 3-4 feet away from my babe but was helpless. I saw my bike slowly leaning towards the sand & finally falling on its left side dipping in wet sand.

I cursed myself while lifting her up. Though nothing had happened as the surface was very soft, one side of bike was full of wet sand. Also, some petrol had come out which I could see in waters. May be she had let some (petrol) tears out for having owned by a stupid person. I promised her not to repeat such stupidity again & we continued. Malwan jetty is my favourite place to enjoy sunset. Every evening I see same water, same beach, same sun, same boats but it is a different experience always.




We chit chatted, remembered some old memories & enjoyed the view of sun setting down, bidding good bye to mother earth. We got up from there & headed towards “Rane cold drinks house”. This shop is one famous ice cream parlour in Malwan. On the way when we had stopped to withdraw money from ATM, one person approached us seeing our “KA” registered bikes, “You guys are coming from Belgaum, isn’t it?”. I replied, “No, we have come from Bengaluru”. He was shocked to hear that. I wondered what will happen to him if I say people visiting Jammu & Kashmir on bikes. :D Anyway, I like when I get attention because of my bike.



After enjoying a faluda shot, we roamed in market, bought some eatables & came back home. It was a perfect day altogether except for missing snorkeling opportunity. Rajiv & Sayan started packing their stuff, cleaning bike chain (remember riding-on-beach-consequences). After finishing dinner we dozed off. Rajiv & Sayan started there journey to Bengaluru next day. I decided to stay in Malwan for another day & meet up with my relatives. I had tough time hiding the fact that I had brought my bike here. Next day, I started my way to Mumbai via Ganpatipule temple en-route.

No comments:

Post a Comment